We are pleased to announce your eligibility for a voluntary benefit to address long-term care risks: Long-Term Care Insurance.
This benefit is brought to you by ACSIA Partners in partnership with LifeSecure Insurance Company. ACSIA Partners is one of the nation’s most experienced professionals in long-term care planning.
Why is Planning for Long-Term Care Important?
Long-Term Care insurance covers care generally not covered by health insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid. It may help pay for in-home care services such as cooking and cleaning, adult day care, or a nursing home stay. Today, average home health care costs can exceed $4,000 per month. Purchasing Long-Term Care insurance may also help reduce the burden of caregiving by family members.
Why You Should Consider Coverage Now:
- ONE-TIME Opportunity for reduced health underwriting. Eligible employees and their spouses* who apply during the Long-Term Care special enrollment period will have fewer health-related questions to answer and will not have to provide medical records or have a medical exam as proof of good health.
- Your health is the key to whether you are approved for this coverage. Health can change at any time and prevent you from being able to apply in the future.
- Premiums are calculated by your age and it becomes more expensive as you get another year older.
- Women typically have to pay more for long-term care plans because they have a longer life expectancy, but State employees, their spouses, and extended family members who apply through this program will receive unisex rates.
- Your coverage continues even if you move or change jobs, as long as you keep paying your premiums.
*Eligibility for fewer health-related questions: Employees: ages 18-64, working at least 20 hour per week, and hired October 1, 2017 – May 15, 2019. Spouses: actively-at work, ages 18-49 applying with the eligible employee. If an employee or spouse falls outside these guidelines, full medical underwriting is required.
How to learn more in the upcoming weeks?
- Attend a webinar (click blue box in upper right hand corner)
- Speak with an ACSIA Partners Specialist. Call toll-free 877-720-2165 Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm CT, to provide your contact information and schedule a personal consultation. An ACSIA Partners Specialist will contact you within 24-48 hours. You will learn how to take advantage of this one-time opportunity to enroll in this important coverage with fewer health questions!
Don’t miss this opportunity to protect yourself and your family!